Published by World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd, 2011
Softback- there is a hardback available.
- Alice’s First Day in College
- Professor Holmes Explains the Phase Map
- The First Excursion into the Microscopic
- World of Water Vapour
- The Second Visit to the Water Vapour: Experiencing the Effect of Temperature and Pressure
- A Visit to the Solid Phase of Ice
- Alice’s Visit to the Liquid Phase
- Why Does Ice Float on Water?
- The Outstanding Temperature Dependence of the Volume of Water
- The Heat Capacity of Water
- The Latent Heat of Water and Regulation of the Body’s Temperature
- “The Electriﬁed Water”
- Professor Holmes’ Last Lecture
- The Last Visit to Professor Holmes’ Lab
From the publisher:
This highly illustrated book describes the properties of liquid water and the relevance of these properties to life, in a way that makes the content accessible to anyone. It will raise the awareness of the reader on the vital importance of water to all life on earth. It is a book of science interwoven into the fabric of a story. There are very few books on water aimed at the general public. This volume will appeal to both adults and students with its superb delivery of scientific knowledge in highly accessible prose.
Available on Amazon: Alice’s Adventures In Water-Land